We want to rise you up to the sky of the Cíes islands with a very special route to give value to this unique setting with excellent qualities for the observation of stars protected from light pollution. Cies is recognized world-wide as a “Startlight Destination” by its location and its good geographical conditions.
You can sign up for a day programme on calendar or choosing your best date cheking under request availability with us.
Program: Discover the sky in the waters of the Cíes islands.
we star the route sailing to Cies islend going through the beautiful Vigo Estuary to the National Maritime-Terrestrial Park of Atlantic islands of Galicia, where we will enjoy the unique sunset while sailing towards one of those “best beaches in the world”. When the night gets close, we will disembark on the San Martiño beach (south island) where the phenomenon takes place …. its fascinating white sand is the perfect spot to admire the starry sky that offers us this place. An idyllic spot for the contemplation of stars!!, as this island is not inhabited, no light pollution or acoustics. Depending on sea conditions we will cross to the island of Rhodes, where the guide will give us a brief explanation of the vault stellar and we enjoy identifying constellations and finding stars that, in another place, it would be impossible to see.
- Sailing yacht
- Sailing route
- Astronomy guide. A brief introduction to the planisphere star with specific material given.
- Final cleanning
- WC on board
- Passangers ensurance
- Permission to anchor and visit the Cíes Islands (Parque Nacional Marítimo Terrestre de las Islas Atlánticas de Galicia)
- 21% VAT
Warm and cotton clothes, hat, gloves, footwear with white sole (sports), binoculars if you have them, a camera (Reflex) to learn night photography techniques. For dinner, we can organize a share dinner to be paid by everyone on board or you can bring your own one prepared from home. In case of sea sick, we recommended to take Biodramina C an hour before setting sail.
All boats have a kitchen, refrigerator, kitchenware, a table in the sallon and / or in the cockpit area, shower outside and / or inside the boat, radio CD and / or mp3 s /v and a dinghy capacity for two people to go the beach with padels.
Other possible options upon request:
You can bring your own dinner or order a catering with us:
Menu; tuna pie, cheese and spanish mixed sausages, mussels with vinaigrette, mini classic burgers, omelette, Galician bread.
Dessert; Skewers of fresh fruits.
Drinks; Beer, Soft Drinks & Water.
Price: from € 18 per person.
The service does not include:
Dinner or drinks on board. You can check up our catering service to contract ahead (price varies according to the number of people).
- To confirm and guarantee booking you have to pay 100% of total. You can pay with visa the moment you confirm booking or by bank transfer.
- Only available on sailboats. Equipped with kitchen, kitchenware and fridge so you can bring your own food and drink or organiza with us a catering service to take on board.
- Maximum group allowed on board: 7 or 11 people depends on the sailboat (babies and children count as a person)
- Minimum group to develop the activity: 4 people (babies and children, count as a person)
- Departure time available from: 20.30h from the port of Real Club Náutico de Vigo
- Approximate arrival time is at: 2.00h to the port of Real Club Náutico de Vigo
- Departure and arrival port: Real Club Náutico de Vigo.
- Weather forecast: It will be fundamental to have clear skies for the stargazing, in case of rain forecast or cloudy skies, the activity will be postponed.
Cancellation / Refund: No cancellations are allowed, only for reasons of force majeure.
Cancellation charges apply if a reservation is cancelled after the deadline identified in the following situations;
- Cancellations occurred 30 days before booking departure date, we charge 30% of total charter rate offered.
- Cancellations occurred with less than 30 days before charter departure date, we charge 100% of the total charter rate offered.
- Sailway reserves the right to change sailing programme due to adverse weather conditions
- Sailway reserves the right to cancel the charter due to adverse weather condition
Precio: 69€/ per person VAT included