Do you like sailing but need more practice to gain confidence? Level 2 is the sailing course for you! A more advanced level where you can consolidate the basic knowledge and navigation techniques acquired in previous sailing experiences. We will teach you how to fundamentally work hard to trim the sails in different directions and situations.
Price per person: 160,00€
It is a course that includes both coastal and inland navigation skills, in which the main task is to search for the wind and learn how use it to navigate to the desired destination. We teach you how to anticipate events, to make appropriate decisions at all times, to assign tasks on board. In short, you will advance in your training and feel in full control of the sailing boat.
The aim is to acquire a more in-depth knowledge and command of sailing, persistence with the trim of the sails, more advanced maneuvers and emphasising on teamwork with the crew.
Access level: Basic
Content: Combination of theoretical classes and sailing trips with the monitor through the Ría de Vigo. Aspects such as:
- The sailing boat and its main settings.
- The positions and functions on board.
- The secondary controls: traps, foot and cunningham.
- How a sailboat navigates in different conditions. Light winds and strong winds.
- The directions.
- Security rules. Communications.
- Understanding of components
- Trim of sails in different directions and situations
Schedule. A choice of a day during the week or weekend:
- Winter: 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. / 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Summer: 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. / 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- We can organize personalized outings with minimum groups of 3.
- Knowledge: basic vocabulary, safety and handling or have completed the Level 1 course.
- Minimum age: 16 years old
- Duration: 4 hours
- Port of departure and arrival: Real Club Náutico de Vigo
- Minimum group of 3 people and up to 6 maximum per boat.
Service includes: A Beneateau First Class 7.5, sailing instructor, boat insurance, a practical course according to listed content, facilities with toilets and changing rooms.
Service does not include: snacks or drinks on board, raincoats or coats
- Raincoat and casual warm clothing (depending on weather conditions).
- At least one change of socks.
- Boat shoes or trainers/sneakers (black soles are prohibited on board), it is advisable that they be made of a non-slip material.
- Depending on the time of year, consider bringing: hat, sunglasses and sun protection.