- Date is required - please choose one above
Sail Cruising Training
This course offers a fantastic opportunity to enhance your recreational sailing skills and gain the necessary confidence and independence to captain a cruiser. You will have the chance to sail along the Vigo estuary, allowing you to become more familiar with the area and ensurin maximum safety for your future voyages.
Price per person: 200,00€
Sail Cruising Training
The Sail Cruising course is designed for individuals with prior sailing experience and a nautical qualification for sailing yachts. Through this course, you will learn how to properly trim sails and practice frequently used maneuvers. You will also have the opportunity to plan routes using both electronic devices and traditional methods. Additionally, you will have the chance to sail along the most iconic routes of the Vigo estuary, preparing you to sail independently or with others on your own boat or a charter boat in the future.
- Sixteen-hour sailing course.
- Instructor and cruiser (31, 34, 37 or 45 feet depending on availability).
Information of interest:
- Gift cards available! You can request a personalised gift to give to friends or family!
- The departure and arrival point is the Real Club Náutico de Vigo.
- We sail in blocks of 4 hours, usually over 4 consecutive weeks. Classes usually take place on Fridays, Saturdays or Sundays.
- The course is structured in a way that means skipping classes is impossible.
- Access level: medium. It is a requirement to know nautical nomenclature, types of route, basic safety or to have completed the Level 1 or 2 course.
- Minimum age: 18 years old.
- The course combines theory classes and practical sailing lessons.
- The content is divided into several modules: checks before setting sail, maneuvers in port; navigation with and without electronics; anchoring; safety.
- We have facilities with toilets and changing rooms where you can change and take a shower after the course.
- A minimum group size of 4 is requiered to go ahead with the activity.
- We organise private courses on request.
- For further information, please consult our FAQ sheet “Frequently Asked Questions”.
How to book:
- The full amount must be paid when you book through our website, by bank transfer or by credit card in our office (Unfortunately, we are unable to accept AMEX)
Cancellation and reservation policy: “click here”