In Level 1 we will ensure that you can unlock your passion for the sea through sailing. We teach you basic sailing knowledge so that you can begin to man a boat. You will have a chance to meet people, enjoy a nautical sport along a unique journey that is the Ría de Vigo. Here you will start learning while having fun!
Price per person: 160,00€
This sailing course is perfect for students who have already experienced the “Baptism of Sailing” and want to continue their training. It is also aimed at people who are determined to enjoy this nautical sport or those who have ever been on a sailboat but have never actively participated in the maneuvers.During the first level of instruction, you will learn the basic rules and lessons of sailing and safety at sea. How to rig the ship, and how to enter and leave the port, dock and how to navigate in the different directions.
Access level: some experience aboard a boat is recommended
Content: A combination of theoretical classes and sailing outings with an instructor through the Ría de Vigo.
- Nomenclature. The sailing ship and its components.
- Basic principles of sailing.
- The main controls: halyards and sheets.
- Rigging the boat.
- Starting and stopping the boat.
- Staying on course. Luff and arrival.
- The courses: the upwind, the cross, the stern.
- The basic maneuvers: tacking and gybing.
- The berthing. Entry into port and mooring.
- Basic safety rules at sea.
- Knowledge: know your sensations in the aquatic environment.
- Minimum age: 16 years old
- Duration: 4 hours
- Port of departure and arrival: Real Club Náutico de Vigo
- Minimum group of 3 people and up to 6 maximum per boat.
Schedule. A choice of a day during the week or weekend:
- Winter: 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. / 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Summer: 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. / 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- We can organize personalized outings with minimum groups of 3.
Service includes: A Beneateau First Class 7.5, sailing instructor, boat insurance, a practical course according to listed content, facilities with toilets and changing rooms.
Service does not include: snacks or drinks on board, raincoats or coats
- Raincoat and casual warm clothing (depending on weather conditions).
- At least one change of socks.
- Boat shoes or trainers/sneakers (black soles are prohibited on board), it is advisable that they be made of a non-slip material.
- Depending on the time of year, consider bringing: hat, sunglasses and sun protection.