This is the last level of the block “At full Sail”. In this course you will develop your knowledge and learned sailing techniques further whilst acquiring more advanced sailing experiences which will train you to be a more informed and autonomous navigator.
The knowledge and practice of sailing will deepen your understanding and skills as you train in all areas and sail in different wind conditions. The main focus of this activity will revolve around the use of the spinnaker and trimming the sails, emphasising the importance of teamwork with the crew.
Access level: Medium
Content: Combination of theoretical classes and sailing trips with a monitor through the Ría de Vigo. Aspects such as:
- Rudderless navigation
- The sailing boat and its advanced settings. Backstay.
- Secondary controls.
- How to navigate in strong winds. Curl candle.
- The maneuvers of the spinnaker.
- The use of the compass.
- Navigation planning.
- Security. Manoverboard maneuvers. Communications.
- The basic rules of right of way
Schedule. A choice of a day during the week or weekend:
- Winter: 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. / 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Summer: 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. / 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- We can organize personalized outings with minimum groups of 3.
- Knowledge: good knowledge of the subject how to sail boat in all directions and execute the basic maneuvers; know the material and orientation difficulties with respect to the wind conditions; or have completed the level 2 course.
- Minimum age: 16 years old
- Duration: 4 hours
- Port of departure and arrival: Real Club Náutico de Vigo
- Minimum group of 3 people and up to 6 maximum per boat.
Service includes: A Beneateau First Class 7.5, sailing instructor, boat insurance, a practical course according to listed content, facilities with toilets and changing rooms.
Service does not include: snacks or drinks on board, raincoats or coats
Price per person: 180€ VAT included
- Raincoat and casual warm clothing (depending on weather conditions).
- At least one change of socks.
- Boat shoes or trainers/sneakers (black soles are prohibited on board), it is advisable that they be made of a non-slip material.
- Depending on the time of year, consider bringing: hat, sunglasses and sun protection.
Registration and reservations in T. +34 986 442 351 E-mail. firstname.lastname@example.org