Discover sandy beaches, secluded coves and breathtaking scenery as you sail on an enchanting adventure like no other, with a group of people.
This sensational sailing route along the Rías Baixas is specially designed to travel the estuary of Vigo and Pontevedra onboard a comfortable cruiser sharing the experiences of discovering idyllic corners, wealthy fishing villages, emblematic cities such as Vigo or Baiona and natural paradises resources like the Cíes and Ons islands (members of the National Park of the Atlantic Islands of Galicia) a long 5 days and 4 nights.
- Boarding – check in : Wednesday, April 17, 2019 at 5:00 p.m.
- Check out: Sunday, April 21, 2019 after breakfast.
- Check in and check out port base: Real Club Náutico de Vigo.
- Duration: 5 days / 4 nights.
- Minimum group 4 passengers/ boat.
- Maximum group 10 passengers / boat.
- Double or triple shared cabin.
- First day: Vigo.
Boarding at the Real Club Náutico de Vigo between 5pm and 7pm. If you arrive earlier you can leave your bags in our store located in the same Marina and go for a nice walk or a drink in the area. Our Marina is in the city center of Vigo so you will enjoy it!
“Piggy bank” we joint purchase on board for breakfast and food for a couple of days on board.
At 7:00 p.m. we check you in double cabins (we sleep in shared cabins) presentations, welcome talk and some safety rules are given.
We go out for dinner together to a traditional Galician restaurant in the old city to enjoy the specialty fish and sea food.
Passengers who do not arrive on Wednesday may appear on early Thursday morning before we det sail.
- Second day: Barra and Baiona beach.
We leave Vigo heading to the Morrazo coast. We will make an stop by a mussel flouting farm called “batea” between Barra and Melide beaches. We will be attending a guide explanation of mussels growth and production while we enjoy tasting this typical Galician mollusk with a glass of Galician white wine “Albariño”.
Lunch will be onboard anchored in front of a breathtaking beach called “Barra” (Vigo estuary). Afterwards, we keep on sailing Barra to Baiona
In the afternoon we dock at the Monte Real Club de Yates de Baiona. Free time to take a shower and a nice walk around the Baiona´s alleyways, a tourist village declared a Historic Artistic Interest
9.30 pm dinner time. We get together for dinner at a local seafood restaurant.
- Third day: Beluso and Combarro.
We leave the beautiful bay of Baiona heading to Pontevedra estuary sailing across the “Estelas”, Vigo estuary, Cíes island and the “Costa de la Vela”. It is a 4-5 hour journey where you will enjoy a sensational cruising ground in the Atlantic.
We will stop for lunch in the cute port of Beluso. La Centoleira is a centenary restaurant where you can taste delicious Galician seafood. After a fantastic after-lunch toast made of the two excellence Galician liquors; the cream and the coffee liquor, we will sail to Combarro to spend the night there. A charming town known for its stone houses and sea farms.
Free time to do some shopping and get to know the village.
- Fourth day: Cíes and Vigo Islands.
After breakfast we leave Combarro heading to Cíes, one of the natural paradise island member of the National Park of the Atlantic Islands of Galicia. Anchored in San Martiño Beach, accessible only by private sailing boat, we will have time to relax and to take a bath. We also can approach the beach of Rhodes (recognize by the “Guardian” to be one of the top 10 best beaches of the world) for a hiking route to the marine island lighthouse. A spectacular setting with amazing views, cliffs full of caves and paradisiacal beaches.
Lunch on board anchored in front of Cies´beach.
In the evening we go back to Vigo leaving the sunset behind us.
Free time for dinner. Around port base you will find a very rich offer of restaurants and coffee shops. Get the feeling of the city!
- Fifth day: Farewell in Vigo.
After breakfast on board, we get suitcases ready and we end trip. Open time to leave the boat through the morning.
Recommendations and advice:
- Bring only light luggage such as sports bags. Do not bring rigid suitcases.
- Wear warm clothes, a hat, gloves, a jacket, a sweater or tracksuit, sweatshirt and a raincoat
- Bring also some smart clothing to go out for dinner or a drink when we stop in the villages
- A hygiene bag and Flip flops.
- Don’t forget sunglasses, swimsuit, sunscreen.
- Nautical shoes and sports shoes with white or light soles. The black sole is prohibited on board. Heels prohibited on board, only when going ashore.
- Photo camera and charger.
- Bring some pills for sea sick (Biodramina with caffeine)
- Sharing cabin in a sailing cruiser.
- Full Bed Linen (Underwear sheets, Nordic with cover, pillow with cover. Bath and body towel)
- Fresh drinking water
- Fuel and mooring places in all ports visited.
- Anchoring permits in the Cíes Islands.
- Dinghy (small out boat) with outboard motor.
- Insurance and 21% VAT.
Price: 550€ VAT included/ per person
Charter a bareboat from: 870€ VAT included ( petrol, mooring and extras not included)